cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Christian van der Leeden <>
Subject Avro API on cassandra trunk with ruby
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:10:33 GMT

	just trying to talk to cassandra-trunk (0.7) via avro on ruby.
Started the server with ./bin/cassandra -a -f. The connection
code is here:

The problem is that the server says:
DEBUG 12:54:44,205 EXCEPTION
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$

The client doesn't return but continues to read from the server. Do I have to authenticate
first? How do I see that the avro connector started?

My cassandra.yml file contains the standard settings (rpc port etc.)

View raw message