cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Conway <m...@backupify.com>
Subject Data format stability
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 21:24:53 GMT
Hi All,

I'd like to start using trunk for something real, but am concerned about stability of the
data format.  That is, will I be able to upgrade a running system to a newer version of trunk
and eventually to the 7.0 release, or are there any changes planned to the format of the data
stored on disk that would prevent this.  I'm ok with having to do a full shutdown to do upgrades,
or even some form of export/import (would prefer to avoid this), but obviously would need
to know when the format has changed so I can do the right thing (announcements to mailing
list?).  What is the recommend procedure for dealing with upgrades?  Thanks,

Matt