cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Joe Stump <...@joestump.net>
Subject Re: Cassandra on AWS across Regions
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:49:41 GMT

On Jun 29, 2010, at 12:44 PM, Anthony Molinaro wrote:

> Maybe you need to modify the security groups to allow the ports to be
> accessible from one to the other?

A likely better solution would be to look into the VPNCubed product which was built specifically
for this purpose. We're in the middle of implementing it for Cassandra (and other) inter-region
communication.

All indications I've gotten from Amazon's "Solution Architect" on this is that VPNCubed is
the best answer to inter-region, secure communication.

--Joe