cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Philip Stanhope <pstanh...@wimba.com>
Subject Keyspace with single CF or Keyspace per CF
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 18:12:34 GMT
This is a data modeling question, not operational like my previous ones today.

I have a data model where I'm going to have some 1:1 relationship between a CF1/Key1/Col value
and another CF2/Key where the value in CF1/Key1/Col is the CF2/Key.

CF1 will grow to have 1B+ keys. CF1 will have 10...N columns (N <= 1000). Those columns
themselves will be keys in CF3.

CF2 will grow to have 400M+ keys.

CF3 will grow to have 100B+ keys ... based on key combination of CF1 and CF2 keys.

What considerations are there to be made here regarding keeping CF1, CF2, and CF3 in the same
keyspace, or different keyspaces?

-phil