cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Parsacala Jr, Nazario R. [Tech]" <nazario.parsac...@gs.com>
Subject RE: http://voltdb.com/ ?
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:56:43 GMT
So what is the size limit for voltdb ..?

From: Charles Woerner / IMAP [mailto:charleswoerner@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:55 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: http://voltdb.com/ ?

Totally agree that Cassandra and voltdb fulfill different needs.  I would say mysql cluster
(ndbd) would be a more appropriate competitor.  50tb?  Yes and no - it's designed to integrate
with a system called vertica which does scale to that size, but as a stand alone system I
don't believe so.

--
Thanks,

Charles Woerner