cassandra-user mailing list archives

From li wei <liwei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Quick help on Cassandra please: cluster access and performance
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:40:51 GMT
Thanks you very much,  Per!

----- Original Message ----
From: Per Olesen <pol@trifork.com>
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, June 9, 2010 4:02:52 PM
Subject: Re: Quick help on Cassandra please: cluster access and performance

On Jun 9, 2010, at 9:47 PM, li wei wrote:

> Thanks a lot.
> We are set READ one, WRITE ANY. Is this better than QUORUM in performance.

Yes, but less consistency safe.

> Do you think the cassandra  Cluster (with 2 or  nodes) should be always faster than Single
one node in the reality and theory?
> Or it depends?

It depends :-)

I think the idea with cassandra is that it scales linearly. So, if you have obtained some
performance numbers X for read performance. And you get lots of new users and data amounts,
you can keep having X simply by adding new nodes.

But I think there are others on this list with much more insight into this than mine!

/Per