cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do you, Bloom filter of the false positive rate or remove the problem of distributed databases?
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 04:29:51 GMT
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Kauzki Aranami <kazuki.aranami@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me rephrase my question.
>
> How does Cassandra deal with bloom filter's false positives on deleted records?

The same way it deals with tombstones that it encounters otherwise
(part of a row slice, or in a memtable).

All the bloom filter does is keep you from having to check rows that
don't have any data at all for a given key.  Tombstones are not the
same as "no data at all," we do need to propagate tombstones during
replication.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra