cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ran Tavory <ran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuning Cassandra
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 08:48:14 GMT
Hector uses tsocket. not sure what you mean by "buffered" - is that framed?
Hector by default does not use framed.
The code is here if you'd like to have a look
http://github.com/rantav/hector/blob/master/src/main/java/me/prettyprint/cassandra/service/CassandraClientFactory.java#L77

<http://github.com/rantav/hector/blob/master/src/main/java/me/prettyprint/cassandra/service/CassandraClientFactory.java#L77>However,
I find it hard to believe that the actual connection is the slowing factor.

Roughly speaking, cassandra is fast on writes and slow on reads. Exact
numbers are per-scenario so it's hard to say, but if you only write and
objects are small then from my experience you should expect a few k writes
per second on a single host. How much do you see?

There are many configuration factors and they all depend on expected usage
and available h/w.