cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdoki...@adform.com>
Subject Primary and Backup clusters
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 13:05:40 GMT
Hello,

Our system (not Cassandra) have backup cluster in different datacenter in case of primary
cluster unavailability or for software upgrades.
100% of traffic goes to primary cluster. We switch 100% traffic to backup cluster in case
above for a short time, then when issues are resolved, traffic is switched back to primary.

We'd like to have primary and backup Cassandra clusters in different datacenters for the same
reasons.
We do not want to have a high traffic between primary and backup datacenters.

Now the questions:

1. How to sync Cassandra clusters (backup<->primary) with minimal traffic?
2. How to configure Cassandra in such case?

Thanks,

Viktor