cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Yang <teddyyyy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper, how do you feed the pets?
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 02:44:15 GMT
I guess you'd have better luck with the zookeeper user list

but according to my very limited understanding of ZK,  u can use the
ZooKeeper.setData()/getData() API
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/api/index.html

storing a simple count should be simple to ZK since each ZNode is
designed to hold a small piece of data. it's interesting
that most of the examples covered on ZK twiki are about manipulation
of the existence of ZK (i.e. the "path name" of ZNode)
rather than the data content, I guess that's the reason you find it a problem