cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compaction bringing a node to its knees
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 22:03:36 GMT
You could try setting the compaction thread to a lower priority.  You
could add a thread priority to NamedThreadPool, and pass that up from
CompactionExecutor constructor.  According to
http://www.javamex.com/tutorials/threads/priority_what.shtml you have
to run as root and add a JVM option to get this to work.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra