cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Brandon Williams <dri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: chiton
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 19:28:57 GMT
On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Sonny Heer <sonnyheer@gmail.com> wrote:

> it doesn't like the the int(port) call.  somehow the port # isn't
> getting through?
>
> I hardcoded the port to 9160, and it works.

Look like you hit this bug which is now solved:
http://github.com/driftx/chiton/issues/closed#issue/3

Does chiton handle all the column types for display?

It will display the raw value for most column types except UUIDs, which it
will decode.  It doesn't yet support longs, mostly because I haven't needed
to use longs in an application thus far.  ChitonViewer.decodeColumn is the
function that handles any column decoding.

> I'm assuming it doesn't show mixed type column names (e.g. first x
> bits are a long, and the rest is a text utf-8)?

There would be no way for it to infer how to decode such a column, so no.

-Brandon