cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ma Xiao <max...@robowork.com>
Subject Multiple hard disks configuration
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 05:39:35 GMT
Hi all,
    Recently we have a 5 nodes running cassandra, 4 X 1.5TB drives for each,
I installed os(Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition) on one of them, and make entrie
disk as 1 partition for others, then I put 4 paths with DataFileDirectory,
my question is what's going to happen when one of the disk fail, especialy
the one has os installed which also holds the commit log? can we simply
replace the disk, and cassandra will get the replica write back? or it
should be deal  with as entire node faile(wipe all date on the node and
rejoin the ring), that will involve mass data copy from other node but we
have just one disk fail. Note, we dont have hardware level raid installed.
Any suggestion?