cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Beier Cai <beier...@gmail.com>
Subject Data migration from mysql to cassandra
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 05:48:22 GMT
I'm currently moving my existing mysql database to cassandra. One particular
problem I have is to migrate all those integer auto-increment ids to
cassandra's code generated keys (like UUID). One way I can do is to dump all
the existing records into Cassandra and start with UUID for new records, but
this will leave mixed mode of ids. another way I can think of is to
re-create existing records using UUID and deal with all
those referential keys. Either way seems kinda awkward. Are there any
good practice to deal with this? I know many people here come from mysql,
what did you do?