cassandra-user mailing list archives

From James Golick <jamesgol...@gmail.com>
Subject Continuously increasing RAM usage
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 06:32:51 GMT
We're seeing RAM usage continually climb until eventually, cassandra becomes
unresponsive.

The JVM isn't OOM'ing. It has only committed 14/24GB of memory. So, I am
assuming that the memory usage is related to mmap'd IO. Fair assumption?

I tried setting the IO mode to standard, but it seemed to be a little slower
and couldn't get the machine to come back online with adequate read
performance, so I set it back. I'll have to write a solid cache warming
script if I'm going to try that again.

Any other ideas for what might be causing the issue? Is there something I
should monitor or look at next time it happens?

Thanks