cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schüller <sc...@spotify.com>
Subject Re: how does cassandra compare with mongodb?
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 09:19:25 GMT
> Not sure if this was mentioned, but MongoDB is strongly consistent while
> Cassandra is eventually consistent -- at least about a month ago when I
> looked at it in more detail, though with vector clocks in 0.7, this may be
> less of an issue.

Did Mongo switch away from the "fsync() every now and then, let's hope
broken values don't parse as bson" consistency semantics?

Last time I looked mongodb, which was admittedly more than a single
month ago, you definitely did not want it if you cared about strong
consistency in the sense of durability:
http://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-user/browse_thread/thread/460dbd49a5b6b267/daca5d5155d7e66e

--
/ Peter Schuller aka scode