cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ColumnPath Usage
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 16:50:01 GMT
Why are you using Thrift from java instead of Hector?

http://github.com/rantav/hector

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Atul Gosain <agosain@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  Im really confused about using ColumnPath in thrift java interface. Most of the examples
provide create the ColumnPath with 3 parameters, whereas the latest thrift api has ColumnPath
with one parameter only.
> If ColumnPath can be thought of as directory structure or path to the column, then how
can we specify that path. I see that we can provide a supercolumn and that too as byte[].
What does this mean ?

> Im getting very confused about the usage of thrift API. Is there any good information
which is up to date and clearly shows usage of these API's. I have gone thru the Articles
and Presentation pages of Cassandra.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra