cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Xu Hui Hui <>
Subject How to setup multinode cluster over different servers through firewall
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 07:54:00 GMT
He there!

1. I'm new to Cassandra.
2. I created multinode cluster which worked well between two computers
in LAN (, with reference to the official
3. When creating multinode cluster between my computer (
and a remote server ( y.y.y.y ) it didn't work.
I referred to
  to let JMX use a fixed port rather than randomized ones, but it
didn't help.
I also passed "-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=x.x.x.x" in my local
computer (where x.x.x.x my public IP, and on the router I forwarded
all necessary ports to, still not work. It seems random
ports are still used which are blocked my the firewall/router.

Please point out what I have mistaken. Thanks a lot!

Xu Hui Hui

View raw message