cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Xu Hui Hui <...@xhh.me>
Subject How to setup multinode cluster over different servers through firewall
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 07:54:00 GMT
He there!

1. I'm new to Cassandra.
2. I created multinode cluster which worked well between two computers
in LAN (192.168.1.31, 192.168.1.33) with reference to the official
wiki.
3. When creating multinode cluster between my computer (192.168.1.31)
and a remote server ( y.y.y.y ) it didn't work.
I referred to http://blogs.sun.com/jmxetc/entry/connecting_through_firewall_using_jmx
  to let JMX use a fixed port rather than randomized ones, but it
didn't help.
I also passed "-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=x.x.x.x" in my local
computer (where x.x.x.x my public IP, and on the router I forwarded
all necessary ports to 192.168.1.31), still not work. It seems random
ports are still used which are blocked my the firewall/router.

Please point out what I have mistaken. Thanks a lot!

--
Xu Hui Hui