cassandra-user mailing list archives

From William Ashley <wash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Modeling Conundrum
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 17:26:34 GMT
This would be a solution if I wanted to get the N most recently CREATED guids, but I'm interested
in the most recently SEEN guids.

On May 8, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Ed Anuff wrote:

> Is there a reason you can't use time-based guids?  Those would be sorted the way you
wanted.

> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 8:31 PM, William Ashley <washley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hopefully I’ve sufficiently explained what I’m trying to do. Now on to solving this
problem in Cassandra. I’ve been trying to find a way that allows both of the above operations
to be performed efficiently. Updates are a breeze with a structure like this: