cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>
Subject Re: ColumnFamilyOutputFormat?
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 09:04:21 GMT
I wrote this CassandraOutputFormat last year. It is most likely not working against newer/current
versions of Cassandra, but if you want something to work with it can be used as a starting
point.

http://github.com/johanoskarsson/cassandraoutputformat

/Johan

On 30 apr 2010, at 14.14, Utku Can Top├žu wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I've been looking at the documentation and related articles about Cassandra and Hadoop
integration, I'm only seeing ColumnFamilyInputFormat for now.
> What if I want to write directly to cassandra after a reduce?
>
> What comes to my mind is, in the Reducer's setup I'd initialize a Cassandra client so
that rather than emitting the results to the MR framework, it would be possible to output
them to the Cassandra in a simple way.