cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rob Coli <rc...@digg.com>
Subject Re: Multiple hard disks configuration
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 17:42:54 GMT

On 5/18/10 11:23 PM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
 > Yes, you can rely on replication for this (run nodetool repair).

@Ma Xiao :

Nodes which have lost data due to hardware failure and are "repair"ing
can serve "no value" reads for data they think they have but do not
actually currently have, when read with ConsistencyLevel.ONE. Each one
of these no value reads triggers a read repair, however, which should
result in your hottest data being repaired relatively quickly.

As I understand it, using your 750gb of data case as an example, you are
likely to serve a non-trivial number of these no value reads if you read
with CL.ONE in a disk failure-then-repair scenario. Reading with
CL.QUORUM avoids this risk.

=Rob