cassandra-user mailing list archives

From David Koblas <kob...@extra.com>
Subject Overfull node
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 19:08:05 GMT
I've got two (out of five) nodes on my cassandra ring that somehow got
too full (e.g. over 60% disk space utilization).  I've now gotten a few
new machines added to the ring, but evertime one of the overfull nodes
attempts to stream its data it runs out of diskspace...  I've tried half
a dozen different bad ideas of how to get things moving along a bit
smoother, but am at a total loss at this point.

Is there any good tricks to get cassandra to not need 2x the disk space
to stream out, or is something else potentially going on that's causing
me problems?

Thanks,