cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Philip Stanhope <pstanh...@wimba.com>
Subject Re: Remove and BytesType
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 13:37:52 GMT
Could you clarify what you mean by "remove command"? Remove all columns leaving a row key?

Did you use nodetool to force a flush and then compact after GCGraceSeconds?

On May 27, 2010, at 9:27 AM, Bill de hOra wrote:

> Saw some behaviour today on Cassandra 0.6.1 -
>
> After running a remove command on a row in a CF whose CompareWith was BytesType the row
was still there, and still there after bouncing the server. This was the case for hector/cli.
When I changed the CompareWith to UTF8Type, new rows added could be removed (old rows wouldn't
delete).