cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Sun" <>
Subject RE: Thoughts on adding complex queries to Cassandra
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 23:43:33 GMT
I'm very curious on this topic as well.  Mainly, I'd like to know is this
functionality handled through Map/Reduce HADOOP operations?

From: Jeremy Davis []
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 3:31 PM
Subject: Thoughts on adding complex queries to Cassandra

Are there any thoughts on adding a more complex query to Cassandra?

At a high level what I'm wondering is: Would it be possible/desirable/in
keeping with the Cassandra plan, to add something like a javascript blob on
to a get range slice etc, that does some further filtering on the results
before returning them. The goal being to trade off some CPU on Cassandra for
network bandwidth.

View raw message