cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholas Sun" <nick....@raytheon.com>
Subject RE: Thoughts on adding complex queries to Cassandra
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 23:43:33 GMT
I'm very curious on this topic as well.  Mainly, I'd like to know is this
functionality handled through Map/Reduce HADOOP operations?

Nick

From: Jeremy Davis [mailto:jerdavis.cassandra@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 3:31 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Thoughts on adding complex queries to Cassandra

Are there any thoughts on adding a more complex query to Cassandra?

At a high level what I'm wondering is: Would it be possible/desirable/in
keeping with the Cassandra plan, to add something like a javascript blob on
to a get range slice etc, that does some further filtering on the results
before returning them. The goal being to trade off some CPU on Cassandra for
network bandwidth.

-JD