cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Dop Sun" <>
Subject RE: Hector vs cassandra-java-client
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 07:12:35 GMT
A good chance to introduce my

Another Java client, and well, it cannot be found with Cassandra java client keywords. K

From: Ran Tavory []
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: Hector vs cassandra-java-client

cassandra-java-client is up to cassandra's 0.4.2 version, so you probably can't use it out
of the box.

Hector is active and up to the latest 0.6.1 release with a bunch of committers, contributors
and users. See and

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:36 AM, Jeff Zhang <> wrote:

I think hector is better, and seems the author of
cassandra-java-client does not continue work on it.

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Peter Hsu <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> This may have been answered already, but I did a [quick] Google search and didn't find
much.  Which is the better Java client to use?  Hector or cassandra-java-client or neither?
> it seems Hector is more fully featured and more active as a project in general.
> What are user experiences with either library?  Any advice?
> Thanks,
> Peter

Best Regards

Jeff Zhang