cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Dop Sun" <>
Subject How to initialize the Cassandra
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 12:51:46 GMT

I just discovered that the json file exported by sstable2json contains more
than the data itself, like deletedAt values.

I'm thinking whether there is a tool can import some initial data?

When we are doing the typical RDBMS system, this is how we are doing:

1)      Define the schema

2)      Initialize the database with initial data using Insert statements

3)      Running the application

If following these steps in Cassandra:

1)      Define the schema: this is done by define the KeySpace

2)      Initialize the data with initial data:  This is currently not there.
We can import data exported from existing installation, but not from nothing

3)      Running the application

View raw message