cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Kartal Guner <>
Subject data model and queries.
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 10:04:04 GMT
I am trying to find out if Cassandra will fill my needs.

I have a data model similar to below.

Users = {

                user1 = {
//Key for Users ColumnFamily

                                message1 = {

                                                text: hello

                                                type: html

                                                rating: 88

Imagine there can be billions of users and hundreds of thousands of messages
per user.

After a message entry it will not be updated.

I want to do queries such as:

* Get all messages for user1 with type = HTML

* Get top 100 message for user1, order by rating.

1) Is this possible with cassandra?

2) Do I have the right datamodel? Can it be optimized?

View raw message