Seems like this would be pretty easy to build on top of the proxy stuff that was recently mentioned. I don't see a reason why you couldn't just store key/blob-in-column to get running quickly. Might make for a pretty interesting clustered queue system as well, which has been mentioned before on the list as well.

In other words, Cassandra is quickly becoming the hammer to everyone's cluster nails. :)

--Joe