cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Weijun Li <weiju...@gmail.com>
Subject Heap sudden jump during import
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 22:57:11 GMT
I'm running a test to write 30 million columns (700bytes each) to Cassandra:
the process ran smoothly for about 20mil then the heap usage suddenly jumped
from 2GB to 3GB which is the up limit of JVM, --from this point Cassandra
will freeze for long time (terrible latency, no response to nodetool that I
have to stop the import client ) before it comes back to normal . It's a
single node cluster with JVM maximum heap size of 3GB. So what could cause
this spike? What kind of tool can I use to find out what are the objects
that are filling the additional 1GB heap? I did a heap dump but could get
jhat to work to browse the dumped file.

Thanks,

-Weijun