cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is that possible to write a file system over Cassandra?
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 04:39:17 GMT
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Avinash Lakshman
<avinash.lakshman@gmail.com> wrote:
> OPP is not required here. You would be better off using a Random partitioner
> because you want to get a random distribution of the metadata.

Not for splitting, but for actual file system hierarchy it would. How
else would you traverse hierarchy? (list sub-directiories, files)

As to splitting files, yes, can be done, but I personally think that
would be asking for trouble because of lack atomicity for operations.
Exception being if only operations ever would be append.

-+ Tatu +-