cassandra-user mailing list archives

From S Ahmed <sahmed1...@gmail.com>
Subject cms content and numerous sort operations
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 16:06:27 GMT
Greetings!

Content management systems usually have complex sort operations, how would
this be best handled with Cassandra?

Is the only way to handle this type of situation to build indexes for each
and every sort?

example model:

Content: {
    contentID: {
        title: "this is a title",
        body: "this is the body"

       // now these are all columns that need to be sorted by
       isActive: "true",
       publishingStatus: 3, // enumeration
       revisionNumber: 234,
       dateCreated: "2010/03/03",
       dateModified: "2010/03/03",
       datePublished: "2010/03/06",
       authorID: 234,

 }
}

The only solution I can think of is to create a seperate CF that maps the
contentID and the column I need to sort by, so for dateCreated:

ContentDateCreatedSort : {
          contentID: { dateCreated: "2010/03/03" }
}

Am I on the right track here? Or is there a better way?