cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paul Prescod <pres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Off line client nodes?
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:43:21 GMT
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Colin Yates <colin.yates@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In our architecture, our consultants want to perform some
> analysis on the train, disconnected from the web.
>
> How can I achieve this in Cassandra?  I realise this isn't quite
> the use-case that was thought about when the clustering
> was designed, but will it work?

No matter what technology you choose, the key issue will be conflict
resolution. You will need detailed policies for every kind of conflict
that can occur, and how it will be resolved. Then you need to see if
the software platform allows you to implement your specific policies.

You might also want to investigate "Microsoft Sync Framework" and its
competitors.

 Paul Prescod