cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Philippe <watche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two dimensional matrices
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:40:00 GMT
Eric, Dop,
Thanks for your answers.

If I understand what you're asking, a rectangle (identified by X and Y
> coordinates for a time-frame), will boil down to a single column. There
> are certainly no problems with retrieving a single sub-column from a
> super column.

I realize I wasn't clear enough. Getting cell {x,y} is easy, I understand
that.
I am interested in getting a slice of that grid : all cells {x,y} where

   - x_min<=x<=x_max
   - y_min<=y<=y_max

My understanding from the docs is that get_range_slices would do it but I
would like confirmation.
In fact, I believe this is the same question as Dop Sun is asking.

> > Will the result associate each value with its key and column ?
> The result will be a column that contains the binary value, which you
> obtained by using key, column family, and super column name. So, yes.

What about this new case ?

Philippe