cassandra-user mailing list archives

From S Ahmed <sahmed1...@gmail.com>
Subject if cassandra isn't ideal for keep track of counts, how does digg count diggs?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 16:00:41 GMT
>From what I read in another thread, Cassandra isn't used for isn't 'ideal'
for keeping track of counts.

For example, I would undertand this to mean keeping track of which stories
were dugg.

If this is true, how would a site like digg keep track of the 'dugg'
counter?

Also, I am assuming with eventual consistancy the number *may* not be 100%
accurate.  If you wanted it to be accurate, would you just use the Quorom
flag? (I believe quorom is to ensure all writes are written to disk)