cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mark Greene <green...@gmail.com>
Subject Forced Failover Test for 0.6.0-RC1
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:38:42 GMT
Hi,

I'm testing out failover for 0.6.0-RC1 and seeing varied behavior in
Cassandra's ability to replay the commit log after a forced failure.

My test is this:

1) Run ./cassandra -f
2) Insert a value through the CLI and immediately force a shutdown of
cassandra after I see the "Value inserted" confirmation from the CLI.

If I shutdown cassandra quickly, within a second or two of seeing "Value
Inserted" the data seems to be lost after starting cassandra back up. I did
a nodetool repair and flush as well just in case that may have had any
affect.

Conversely, if I waited about 5 seconds before shutting down cassandra, then
started it again, I was able to retrieve the data from the CLI.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Mark