cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Joost Ouwerkerk <jo...@openplaces.org>
Subject Re: TimedOutException when using the ColumnFamilyInputFormat
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:03:49 GMT
The default batch size is 4096, which means that each call to
get_range_slices retrieves 4,096 rows.  I have found that this causes
timeouts when cassandra is under load.  Try reducing the batchsize
with a call to ConfigHelper.setRangeBatchSize().  This has eliminated
the TimedOutExceptions for us.
joost.