cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Josh <j...@schulzone.org>
Subject Re: Proxy instances?
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 14:55:42 GMT
Is the notion here that you'd run all writes/reads through that node
and let it decide where to get the data from?

I've been working on a C# client library and I've been picking a node
at random from the cluster and letting it figure things out.  Would a
setup like this be better?  Keep all the traffic load off of data
storing instances or would it be better to point at a load balancer
that does it?  Or is the carnival approach (Pick a node!  Any Node!)
better?

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 6:19 PM, David King <dking@ketralnis.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to have Cassandra instances that serve only as proxies to the rest of
the cluster, but have no storage themselves? Maybe with a keyspace length of 0?

--
josh
@schulz