cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sonny Heer <sonnyh...@gmail.com>
Subject Data model question - column names sort
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:01:25 GMT
Need a way to have two different types of indexes.

Key: aTextKey
ColumnName: aTextColumnName:55
Value: ""

Key: aTextKey
ColumnName: 55:aTextColumnName
Value: ""

All the valuable information is stored in the column name itself.
Above two can be in different column families...

Queries:
Given a key, page me a list of numerical values sorted on aTextColumnName
Given a key, page me a list of text values sorted on a numerical value

This approach would require left padding the numeric value for the
second index so cassandra can sort on column names correctly.

Is there any other way to accomplish this?