cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Joost Ouwerkerk <jo...@openplaces.org>
Subject Re: New User: OSX vs. Debian on Cassandra 0.5.0 with Thrift
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 21:31:28 GMT
Is this something that also needs to be managed in Java? In most examples
I've seen, connections are created like this:

            TSocket socket = new TSocket(location, thriftport)
            TBinaryProtocol binaryProtocol = new
TBinaryProtocol(socket, false, false);
            Cassandra.Client client = new Cassandra.Client(binaryProtocol);

Is that sub-optimal?
joost.