cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Andriy Bohdan <a.boh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to generate 'unique' identifiers for use in Cassandra
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:58:31 GMT
There's no easy and efficient way to implement auto_increment keys in
cassandra. So people usually use UUIDs
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UUID) for this purpose, which is
considered globally unique.

If you can use one of the fields from your data model as a unique key,
better use it instead of generating additional keys.

--
Andriy