cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Quorom consistency in a changing ring
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:55:24 GMT
Hello,

Is my interpretation correct that Cassandra is intended to guarantee
quorom consistency (overlapping read/write sets) at all times,
including a ring that is actively changing? I.e., there are no
(intended) cases where qurom consistency is defeated due to writes or
reads going to nodes that are actively participating in token:s
moving?

If yes, is there any material on how this is accomplished and/or
pointers to roughly which parts of the implementation is responsible
for ensuring this works?

Thanks!

--
/ Peter Schuller