cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sonny Heer <sonnyh...@gmail.com>
Subject Map/Reduce Cassandra Output
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:29:17 GMT
Different from the wordcount my input source is a directory, and I
have the a split class and record reader defined.

Different from wordcount during reduce I need to insert into
Cassandra.  I notice for the wordcount input it retrieves a handle on
a cassandra client like this:

        TSocket socket = new
TSocket(DatabaseDescriptor.getSeeds().iterator().next().getHostAddress(),
                                     DatabaseDescriptor.getThriftPort());
        TBinaryProtocol binaryProtocol = new TBinaryProtocol(socket,
false, false);
        Cassandra.Client client = new Cassandra.Client(binaryProtocol);

Would all hadoop nodes go to the same seed if i use this code to
insert data, without balancing it?  Has this been done somewhere in
the Cassandra code already?