cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Lucas Di Pentima <lu...@di-pentima.com.ar>
Subject RandomPartitioner doubts
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:55:20 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Cassandra 0.6.1 and ruby's library. I did some tests on my one-node development
installation about using get_range method to scan the whole CF.

What I want to prove is if a CF with RandomPartitioner can be used with get_range getting
a fixed number of keys at a time, until all are requested. I know the keys are saved in random
order, but is that randomness fixed? or every time I ask for a range I'll get something different
even if I pass the :start parameter?

As I said above, I did this test with a 1-node installation and I seem to get the same (random)
order every call I do, but I don't know if this is a design feature or some collateral characteristic
that is likely to change in the future, or even the behaviour is different with N-node clusters.

Thanks in advance!
--
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina
Jabber: lucas@di-pentima.com.ar