cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Lucas Di Pentima <lu...@di-pentima.com.ar>
Subject Question about TimeUUIDType
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:51:54 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Cassandra 0.6.1 with ruby library

I want to log events on a CF like this:

Events = { // CF CompareWith: TimeUUIDType
    SomeEventID : { // Row
        uuid_from_unix_timestamp : event_data,
    }
}

I receive event data with a UNIX timestamp (nr of seconds passed since some date on 1970),
so I would do something like:

db = Cassandra.new('Keyspace')
db.insert('Events', SomeEventID, {SimpleUUID:UUID.new(Time.at(unix_timestamp)} => event_data)

My first question was: What happens if I have more than one event at the same second? I tried
this on irb console and checked that TimeUUIDs are different.

So, my second question is: How different TimeUUIDs generated from the same UNIX timestamp
are going to be ordered in the ColumnFamily?

Thanks in advance!!
--
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina
Jabber: lucas@di-pentima.com.ar