cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Sanchez <carlos.sanc...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject RE: Trove maps
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:27:35 GMT
There are forEach methods in  that would allow you to travel the keys/values/entries w/o creating
the extra object (entries)
From: Tatu Saloranta [tsaloranta@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 11:58 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Trove maps

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Carlos Sanchez
<carlos.sanchez@riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> I will try to modify the code... what I like about Trove is that even for regular maps
(non primitive) there are no Entry objects created so there are much less references to be
gced

This could help, but how is iteration then handled? Are Map.Entry
instances created (and discarded) during iteration? (which could be a
net loss in some cases -- or maybe not, it's short-lived garbage vs
long-lived one if as part of long-living Map).
Just curious,

-+ Tatu +-

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and
may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original
message.