cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mark Jones <MJo...@imagehawk.com>
Subject RE: problem with get_key_range in cassandra 0.4.1
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:52:32 GMT
Stop the program, wipe the data dir and commit logs, start the program, it's what I'm doing.

I even made a script that will do it so it's just a one line command.

From: ROGER PUIG GANZA [mailto:rpuig@tid.es]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:20 AM
To: cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: problem with get_key_range in cassandra 0.4.1

Hi all.
I'm benchmarking several  nosql datastores and I'm going nuts with Cassandra.
The version of Cassandra we are using is 0.4.1 I know 0.4.1 is a bit outdated but my implementation
is done with that version.

The thing is that every time the test runs, I need to reset the data inside the datastore
to try with different workloads.
Easy on mysql with a trunc sentence.
I need to delete all columns on each columnFamily. What I do is getting all the keys with
get_key_range and iterating over the list  and removing them.
Like that:

List<String> keys = client.get_key_range(keyspace, columnFamily, min_value, max_value,
count, defaultConsistencyLevel);
            Iterator<String> iterator = keys.iterator();
            String key;
            while (iterator.hasNext()) {
                  key = iterator.next();
                  client.remove(keyspace, key, path, time, defaultConsistencyLevel);
}

The problem is: client.get_key_range throws Internal error processing get_key_range

My questions are: is there any workaround?
                                                Am I missing any configuration setting which
could help me?

Thank you very much in advance
Roger Puig Ganza