cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Todd Burruss <bburr...@real.com>
Subject Re: Will cassandra block client ?
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:55:57 GMT
Ran, Under very heavy load using more than 50 threads with 20k payload size, I have seen Hector
close connections then reopen so such that time_wait builds up and can no longer connect.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ran Tavory [rantav@gmail.com]
To: user@cassandra.apache.org [user@cassandra.apache.org]
Subject: Re: Will cassandra block client ?

it reuses connections, yes. but wouldn't hurt to check as well ;)
you may want to check the haproxy connections as well.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Jeff Zhang <zjffdu@gmail.com<mailto:zjffdu@gmail.com>>
wrote:
I use the hector java client, I think it reuse the connection, or
maybe I should check the source code.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang