cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chris Goffinet <>
Subject Re: if cassandra isn't ideal for keep track of counts, how does digg count diggs?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 16:54:30 GMT
That's not true. We have been using the Zookeper work we posted on jira. That's what we are
using internally and have been for months. We are now just wrapping up our vector clocks +
distributed counter patch so we can begin transitioning away from the Zookeeper approach because
there are problems with it long-term.

On Apr 6, 2010, at 9:50 AM, Ryan King wrote:

> They don't use cassandra for it yet.
> -ryan
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM, S Ahmed <> wrote:
>> From what I read in another thread, Cassandra isn't used for isn't 'ideal'
>> for keeping track of counts.
>> For example, I would undertand this to mean keeping track of which stories
>> were dugg.
>> If this is true, how would a site like digg keep track of the 'dugg'
>> counter?
>> Also, I am assuming with eventual consistancy the number *may* not be 100%
>> accurate.  If you wanted it to be accurate, would you just use the Quorom
>> flag? (I believe quorom is to ensure all writes are written to disk)

View raw message