cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rob Coli <rc...@digg.com>
Subject Re: nodetools, available commands
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 19:49:08 GMT
On 4/30/10 4:47 AM, Douglas Santos wrote:

> Hi all,
> We are writing an article for a magazine and would like to write about
> monitoring, more precisely on the nodetools, but did not find many
> things about the tool.
> I want to help or a brief explanation about nodetools commands ...
>
> Available commands: ring, info, cleanup, compact, cfstats, snapshot
> [snapshotname], clearsnapshot, tpstats, flush, drain, repair,
> decommission, move, loadbalance, removetoken

Most of these commands access the JMX interface.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/JmxInterface

The Jmx Interface page is not currently 100% complete or current, but
that page plus some basic reading of the nodetool code and examination
of the Jmx Interface via jconsole should answer most of your questions
about nodetool.

=Rob