cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Sanchez <carlos.sanc...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject Re: Trove maps
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 20:22:28 GMT
I will try to modify the code... what I like about Trove is that even for regular maps (non
primitive) there are no Entry objects created so there are much less references to be gced

On Apr 23, 2010, at 2:55 PM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> From what I have seen Trove is only a win when you are doing Maps of
> primitives, which is mostly not what we use in Cassandra.  (The one
> exception I can think of is a map of int -> columnfamilies in
> CommitLogHeader.  You're welcome to experiment and see if using Trove
> there or elsewhere makes a measurable difference with stress.py.)
>
> -Jonathan
>
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Carlos Sanchez
> <carlos.sanchez@riskmetrics.com> wrote:
>> Jonathan,
>>
>> Have you thought of using Trove collections instead of regular java collections (HashMap
/ HashSet) in Cassandra? Trove maps are faster and require less memory

>> Carlos
>>
>> This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients
and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original
message.